Monday, February 20, 2012

One Man Band


Being a one man band challenge and satisfaction, and get all the credit for the sound that you put out. Good or bad. You must find your own niche and build on it. It must be just like any other business, if you will be successful. Promotion is the key. When you play, do it with all the joy and excitement you had when you first successfully to the public. It's a feeling that the audience picks up on. Of course choosing the right songs in the proper sequence, is another key to being successful contractor.

You do not have to be the best musician, if there is such a thing, put your heart and soul into every performance, and it will generate more enthusiasm from the audience than you can believe that it is possible. Also, I strongly suggest you not to use a set list. limit your communication with your audience. performance should be a dialogue, and set up more like a list of lecture. I played professional music for over 40 years and I still often surprised by the reaction of different musicians get from their crowd. Again, this is not how good you are, but more than one measure of feelings and emotions you can project from his voice and his instrument.

There are many ways to set the background song. Being a musician I love the old style of my own. I have a large selection of available sound modules to work with digital sound bank interest in sound, but audio recordings of live instruments give a warmer feel. You will need some kind of sequencer handle all your backings. I use a lot of MIDI files, and then make it mine, but adds the instruments that I fell are best suited for each part. I want a full sounding backing track. So it sounds just like I'm playing with a full band. Many of my songs with full orchestral accompaniment, such as original songs.

As you play the song will evolve on its own if you put feeling and emotion into it. I am often surprised that I have unwittingly changed the song over the years. Maybe I'll hear a song on the radio that I'm singing for years and recognize the difference between the singer and the song is how I now interpret it. I originally try to sound as close as possible to the artist. But over the years, changing intonation or phrase in the song to make it more my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment